Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Challenging (well) Myself


I just got finished reading a book by Steven Scott called "Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams" and I have just realized how I don't have a dream in my heart. I am talking about a specific, well thought out, clearly written dream. I can't say that I have really had any specific dreams other than being a mother and wife in my life. BUT I am proud to say THAT is going to change!

I am going to get myself in gear and get them out.
I am determined and inspired to get off my tooshie and get to work on prioritizing my dreams above...I am sad to say... CSI, Bones, Survivor, "the" Fringe (as Jackie likes to call it) or any of my favorite TV shows. (I am not giving them up cold turkey but I am going to get some stuff done in my life. :) Stuff that affects the kingdom of heaven!)

Now, I am not saying that I have not reached any goals I have had nor is it to say that I have not done anything to advance the kingdom of God but I know that there is so much more that I can do and accomplish. In my life, if you know me, you would see and say that I am one who strives hard to be and bring the best to the table whenever I do something for others...when I serve at church, when I am at a job, etc. So in not doing this in my life I feel I am not striving for the best for my family, for my God, or for myself. I want to be excellent in ALL areas of life...I am gonna bring it ya'll!

1 comment:

Kristen Joy said...

woo hoo... bring it Stace. I believe greater things are yet to come in your life. I'm proud of your accomplishments, and I'm excited for the completed dreams. I'm lovin' ya.